Monday 12 June 2017

"That means he likes you..."

The following conversation is between a six year old and her Mum...
"The boy I sit next to in class kept pulling my dress and calling me names at break time."
"Don't worry sweetheart, he only does that because he likes you. He's trying to get your attention."

Now read it again as a conversation between a sixteen year old and her Mum. Suddenly it's unacceptable isn't it?

Can we please stop telling little girls that boys are nasty to them because they like them.

This is a phrase that I remember hearing when I was young from various different people. It is important that we call out this behaviour to benefit both girls and boys...
  • It will teach boys that violence is never okay and is not a way to communicate your feelings.
  • It will teach girls that there is a massive difference between love and abuse.
Abuse is not affection at any age.



Have a beautiful day x

No comments:

Post a Comment