Wednesday 14 June 2017

YouGov

What is YouGov? It's an website set up by the government where you can register to take surveys. These results are collected and used as official data, for example, most recently in the election polls.

Today I was both exceptionally pleased and disappointed. I'll start with the bad news first.

A few days ago there was a poll that asked the following question..."Do you think that wolf-whistling is a compliment and just a bit of harmless fun?" I was appalled to see the results below... only 23% thought that it was sexist and unacceptable.


I was expecting a gender split in the results....but it appears not as fewer males thought it was acceptable and more males thought it was unacceptable. This is definitely a step in the right direction. 



It seemed that the major fact here was age, as 76% of the oldest age group thought it was okay compared to 32% of the younger age group. This agrees with my person experience that it's generally older people who catcall. But this is great news for my generation.



Now onto the good news. I filled out a survey this morning and the following question was asked....
SO THANK YOU YOUGOV FOR HELPING TO SMASH THE TABOO.

If you'd like to register for YouGov and make your voice heard here's the link.

Have a beautiful day x

No comments:

Post a Comment